Monday, May 28, 2007

Today is Monday- memorial day

When I go to ballparks, I don't stand for the national anthem. I never have. I get heckled and booed all the time, but I just shrug it off. I figure it is my personal choice and right not to stand, since generally, when they begin to sing or play the anthem, the announcer politely requests, 'please stand for your national anthem.' I feel that it is my american right to sit during the song. Besides, when I am at the ballpark I never watch the games. I am always looking at women.

Sophia came over late last night. I was fast asleep when I heard the double beep signaling that my front door had opened. I then heard the key pad beeps and the double beep of the alarm being set. I never set my alarm, she always does. My clock said, '3:23'.
The smell hit me first. Then the clumsy, stumbling. I could make out her figure in the dark wobbling about, wavering as in a storm. But, the smell was a bit intoxicating. Smoke, booze and B.O.
I simply turned on the light and got out of bed and walked over to her. She started weeping immediately. I held her as tight as possible without making her sick. I walked her over to my (our) bed and had her sit down. She fell back into it and seemed to pass out. I immediately stripped her down. She was wearing a bra which she never does. Her white panties seemed to be a bit too baggy for her sharp hipbones. She was a mess. She had some light bruising on her shins and ankles. She had several scratches on her arms and elbows. Newly bruised blue thighs looked fatigued and twitched a bit.
I drew a bath, and took her clothes down stairs to be washed.
For a brief moment I thought of a time several years ago in the NYC. One Sunday morning, I was in the elevator with a load of laundry packed tightly into one of those caged carts that the old women use for shopping. During the ride down, I could smell my last week's adventure filling the elevator air. Bars, booze, women, smoke, clubs, subways, streets. The elevator stopped on the first floor- the laundry was in the basement- and three people got in with me. Two men and a woman. Nervously, I began tapping the handle bar of the cart. Drumming some made up beat. The woman and I looked at each other and she said, 'Laundry day?'
I replied, 'You are Mary Hansen'.
She replied yes, and I reached out my hand to shake it.
She grabbed my hand and I said, 'Very nice to meet you.'
I had admired Mary from afar for many many years, and she was my original 'dream girl'.
I went outside to check on Sophia's car. Her Audi was poorly parked, but un-damaged.
Gatorade Rain (tangerine), some advil, Smart Water and a piece of fruit went upstairs with me. The bath was perfectly drawn. I added some EO Hinoki and Ginger bath salts.
I woke her up, gently which of course made her want to vomit. She did make it to the bathroom.
I made her chug down several large glasses of water which of course made her vomit more. She was crying and gagging the whole time. vomit was coming out her nose. I kept making her drink more water until she got mad at me for doing it.
For her bath, I turned down the lights and lit some sandalwood candles. For good measure, I took some flower petals, kissed them and tossed them into the bath. This gesture made her smile.
I sat quietly on the toilet seat and read Harpers. When she started to shiver, I, of course, woke her up again which, of course, made her vomit in the bathtub and made her weep even more. I made her shower. Dr. Bronner's this time- peppermint. Yes it does sound bad plugging all these products, but there is a magical way to preventing bad hangovers. You just need to test the different methods until you find the right one. I made her eat the fruit, advil and drink some gatorade. Then she brushed her teeth. She actually looked better. I made her stand and watch me change the sheets in the bed hoping that it would make her appreciate the bed more.
Almost 5:00 am.
I snuggled up next to her until her cold body turned warm. I then went downstairs and made myself some coffee and had a cigarette. I turned on the t.v. and fell asleep on the couch.
She woke me up at around 10:00.
She looked so beautiful to me.
I did not think of 'yellow panties' today.
Xioba

No comments: