Sunday, June 10, 2007

Yesterday was Saturday

Saturday afternoon. In prepping for my date with 'Yellow panties' I had a few Manhattan's- wild turkey, not pappy, I had a j (mellowed), and prepped the batter for waffles. I like this recipe that I found in Cook's Illustrated:
1 3/4 cups milk (Straus)
8 tablespoons cubed butter (Straus)
10 Ounces flour (King Arthur)
1 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons yeast
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Combine the dry ingredients. Milk and butter over medium-low heat until butter melts. Get to temperature that does not kill the yeast. Whip eggs and vanilla. Combine milk and dry ingredients. Mix, by hand, till combined- 10 whips. Combine egg mixture till combined. 5 whips. Put saran on the bowl and place in the ice box. In the morning, unless you killed the yeast, the batter will have doubled in size. Villaware (I use the square though the round one heats better). Yum.
I arrived at 'Yellow panties' house and rang the buzzer. She buzzed me in. Her flat was what I expected for a 20ish single girl. It smelled of potpourri and cigarettes. The kitchen looked unused. There were two coffee pots. She had a small TV with a DVD player built in. No visible land line. Her bedroom was on the small side, but looked very comfortable. No animals. She offered me a glass or wine- white burgundy- which I took. She asked me briefly about work and I immediately informed her that I do not speak about work when I am not working. She smiled a bit, but pressed the issue. I smiled and said nothing. I think that she got the hint.
'You look really nice!' I said to her which made color come into her cheeks which gave her a depth that I had not noticed before. Her eyes suddenly became very green to me and her hair was a gorgeous auburn, speckled with bleach. Her eyebrows were thin, straight wisps that stopped before the downturn of her brow. Her nose was long and narrow and had a small blemish. Her cheeks, now full with color, were long and hallow. Her neck, toned and lanky, led into her, wide and plump, chin which supported her lips which were as straight and smooth as her eyebrows but as plump and toned as her neck.
We decided on a wine bar south of downtown which had nice wines and various cheese.
We had a nice italian merlot which is better than the californian merlot. I am usually embarrassed to order the merlot unless it is italian. 'Yellow panties' doubted me at first- I think she is a bit of a wine snob-, but soon realized how delicious the italian merlot is with cheese. Burrata, triple cream (Cowgirl), and several hard cheeses (Romano, Bolognese and Sardegnian) . Quince paste, honey and apples.
Quite nice.
We took several smoke breaks together and with each drag we loosened our grip from the tension. On the third break I offered her a j which she took without hesitation. I knew it would be a good night.
We shared some dessert and some Recioto and something chocolate.
It was still relatively early so we decided to go get some drinks. We went to some awful tourist bar at the top of a hotel. They had shitty ass bourbon, but I had a few anyway. Our conversation was pretty easy at this point, and we were actually laughing together. She told me of a story of how she and her brother would act out scenes of Toy Story for her parents. She would always play Woody and her brother was always Buzz Light. I guess that is pretty fitting since Tom Hanks is such a pansy. The conversation really aged me since I remember when I saw that film- I was high on mushrooms, corona and weed. All that I can remember is '....we need more monkeys......' which still makes me laugh and cry.
As we were looking out over the city, she remarked about how you could only see a few bright, bright stars, and that when she was growing up her family would go camping and the sight of the stars was shocking- 'so many', she had said. The rattlesnake smiled and said, 'you see that one bright star right there, well that is actually a planet. I have a nice telescope if you would be interested in seeing it a bit closer.'
I was not surprised by her answer but I was shocked at the immediacy of the response.
We drove back to my house. She fumbled with my Ipod trying to find something that she could listen to. She failed. I am old and my music taste is only for the 'gramps' of the hipster world.
At my house, I set up the telescope (let it cool down) and dimmed all the lights. I made a few bourbons and we shared another j. I went upstairs and brought down a sweatshirt, a cap and a sweater for her to put on.
'This is a really amazing house you have here', she said, 'will you give me a tour.'
I told her, 'go take a look for yourself, I am going to set up the view on the telescope.'
As I was spotting and focusing and finally coming upon our target, Jupiter, I could hear her coming downstairs. For a brief moment, I thought of Sophia and a small tinge of blackened loss colored my heart making me take a deep and long-needed sigh. I refocused on Jupiter and dreamed of looking for M4. Someday in more darkened skies I will attack the M's but, from my locale with the light pollution, it will be tough. I dream of clear air and darkened skies. Could 'Yellow panties' toss out her youth and move with me? Just then, she came up from behind me and her small, cool hands sneaked under my jacket and shirt- a furtive look into the future- at least what the future of the night held. I offered the eyepiece and asked her to tell me what she could see.
'a bright star and 4 small stars all in a line.'
I carefully came up behind her and opened up space in her sweater to reveal her neck and shoulder. I kissed her lightly, several times, and gently nibbled on skin.
When I awoke in the morning, I was startled by the body next to me. She was lying on her side, back to me. She had small tattoos of dragon flies (maybe 6 or 7) flying across her back- shoulder to shoulder. Her hair was shortly cut and revealed her 11's on her neck. She had a skinny waste and plump ass. Her legs were short and very muscled. This was not Sophia, and this realization startled me back into remembering the night before.
We kissed for a while under the watch of Jupiter. When we found our way into my house we had barley made it to the floor and she was pulling me into her. She was really, really loud. In my empty house, her screams echoed into the darkness upstairs- like a distant light from the moon, relaxed behind the western mountains, her echoed moans revealed the slight fear of the joy of a stranger. She was rough. She was scratching and biting into me which made my skin feel like it was detached from my bones. The sweat on our bellies pooled into her belly button, her eyes rolled slightly back upon herself, she deeply bit into her lips, her hands gripped and held on to my back and she swallowed her last scream and then released it with a husky groan- ending me.
As I lay upon her, half sleeping, the sweat on my back began cooling from the breeze from outside. We had left the door open. My neighbors will be pleased with me. We did make it into my room, and sometime during the night she woke me up. At one point, she said, 'Coach, why don't you take Johnny Boy from behind.' Wow. I was shocked and excited all at once. She has an amazing, sensuous ass.
Seeing 'Yellow panties' sleeping in my bed this morning, I realized how much Sophia bored me. She was not as exciting and voracious as 'Yellow panties'. She was so staid. Passion had left us long ago and had become routine humanity. I bit at the sadness that crept in. Choosing to ruminate on it later- a realization that familiarity is now replaced by a single, middle aged life.
I laid up next to 'Yellow panties' and wrapped my arm around her body. I began lightly kissing the back of her head. She stirred awake and rolled over to look at me. She smiled and her green eyes looked clear, and awake.
'Good morning!' She said. She began kissing me and scooted down and hummed a tune of youthful, bliss and arrogance.
We ate waffles and showered and I drove her home on my way to get tattooed.
When I dropped her off, she leaned over and kissed me and said. 'I had a nice time. I will see you tomorrow.'
I drove off and looked at her in my rear view mirror. She Walked into her flat and disappeared into the day.
My arm is sore and chewed up, but it is coming along nicely. It is a big commitment to get a sleeve.
I am over Sophia, and I am looking toward seeing 'Yellow panties' in the morning.
Xioba

No comments: