Sunday, May 13, 2007

Today is Sunday- it is also mother's day

Before I can write about my brother I guess I should probably talk a bit about me, and if I have time, I will speak a bit about my mother.

I am 34 years old. I was born in Los Angeles and I have lived in Italy, New York and Chicago. I studied architecture, but I am now the Chief Marketing Officer for a Pharmaceutical company. I have a 13 year old daughter, Lili Silvia Morrison, who I have not seen nor spoken to for almost 11 years. I never married her mother, nor did I have intentions of marrying her, so they left me.
I was happy (relieved) at the time, but as I age, I have come to realize that I have missed out on what I imagine are glorious times.

I was 21 when Lili was born, and I was ill-equipped to handle parenting. I was also ill-equipped to handle monogamy which I think may have upset Lili's mother. But, as I like to say, at the time, she was not exactly convinced that I was the father.
Several years ago, in the interest of Lili's future health, I submitted my DNA to be tested- so, I essentially saw the birth of my baby girl twice; once, via her mother's vagina and the other time via a small, confidential looking envelope.
Lucky me!

I wonder if I will ever see Lili again, but, I don't press it. I want to respect her bond with her parental father. I wonder if Lili knows that I exist. In the sake of keeping this blog 'clean'; what would happen if we met as strangers but kissed as father and daughter? Would I get arrested? I do get a copy of her annual school photo. It comes, much like the DNA confirmation, in a plane envelope, just a photo.
Nothing else.
From the photos, she looks like my sisters. She has
the auburn, wide waved hair, the almond shaped hazel colored eyes, the wide steep sloped Roman nose, and the dimpled (fossette) cheeks and chin.
I am sure, much like my sisters, her other cheeks are dimpled as well. Haha
I have no desire to 'kiss' my sisters, so I think I am safe.

I want to write about my mother, but I think I might need to think about Lili. Hopefully, one day, I will wish Lili a happy mother's day; and hopefully, one day Lili will wish me happy father's day.

Xioba

No comments: