Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Today is Wednesday- small thoughts

I keep thinking about the old foot-binder in the turret of Krims Krams palace.

But, I need to reflect on my thoughts of April (the woman from yesterday's meeting.) I woke up this morning thinking about the poor girl that I thought said, '....dump some pork on me.'
After my shower, but before my coffee I vowed to make an effort to seek her out and resolve and seek some sort of self-redemption for my mistake. Francis Francis and some quick toast.
After getting dressed and during my trip in to work, I imagined how sweet and understanding she might be with my gesture to her. Easy commute today, nice songs on the pod.
At my desk, but before seeking her out, I did a quick search of her name and image in our associate ID database. 200+ new emails.
Turns out, her name was April, but the unfortunate thing is that she is not that attractive- not ugly, but not yellow panties hot. She is clearly fit, but only the type of fit that works in the dark. She has a nice smile, but it has clearly been altered by bad orthodontics and sub-standard whitening. Her hair has no life, only style. I just didn't want to waste my time today.

So, I ordered a new telescope- 10" Dob- overnight delivery. If only to peer into Krims Krams and get a peek at those tiny, pruned, compressed, mangled, scented flowers. Catch a glimpse of the light that reflects off that crystal white hair, and the four-toothed gummy grin that evokes memories of when her feet were desired, treasured and wanted.

Her heart is filled with unrealized love and the scent of painful, meticulous gauze; but it pounds on, slowly, like a desperate Jay's caw late in spring. Tears no longer flow from her eyes as her heart dried up long ago from too many wasted, wan beats. The grimace on her face oscillating like Janus on Carna's wedding day.

I imagine her heart to be beautiful and pure; had we met a few generations ago could she have loved me?

I am not sure how I am feeling these days, but I might need some company.

Xioba


No comments: